1. You are constantly told to eat more ugali so you won’t be so skinny.
2. Cell phone towers are more common than traffic lights.
3.5. And this:
4. The most common phrase you hear is “Hey mzungu! Taxi?”
(“mzungu” is Swahili for “white person”)
5. A short cab ride can cost up to 3,000 TZS, but no worries…that’s only $2.
6. The vernacular has enough common greetings to fill a dictionary, but locals resort to English to explain that they are “busy.”
7. KC & JoJo, Shania Twain and WWF Wrestling are popular.
8. You usually use laundry detergent powder to wash your hands in restaurants.
9. Riding three people on a small Chinese motorbike is safer than riding certain bus routes.
10. The internet is so slow it takes 25 minutes to post this blog./>