Partnering with Kiva
In order to apply for partnership, an organization must at minimum:
- Display a strong commitment to serving the needs of poor, vulnerable, and/or excluded populations.
- Operate an existing lending program with portfolio quality that is in line with market context and industry standards, or be prepared and legally able to set up a lending program.
- Provide a specific proposal for using Kiva’s capital to fund loans with a) high social or environmental impact, and b) pricing that is in line with market context and industry standards.
- Be able to post at least $50,000 USD in loans in the first 12 months on the Kiva website, with capacity to grow in subsequent years.
- Have assets or operating revenues of at least $100,000 USD.
- Be able to legally accept and repay US Dollar debt capital and manage currency risk.
- Be legally registered in its country of operation.
Please refer to these documents for full details on the requirements of partnering with Kiva:
Kiva has developed a system of credit tiers that enables us to work with Field Partners across a broad spectrum of credit needs.
- A Field Partner’s credit line can range from $50,000 to $4 million USD, depending on the credit tier assigned by Kiva.
- The level of due diligence that Kiva conducts on a Field Partner depends on the credit tier assigned, with additional documentation and onsite visits required for higher tiers.
- A Field Partner is eligible to graduate to higher tiers as they utilize their credit line and demonstrate a successful track record with Kiva.